Hartigan Cellars 2011 Wine Release
Please select from our wines below. The notes describe each wines characteristics and some information on the way to best enjoy them. To Order, simply click the “Add to Cart” button. You can check your order on the Cart page prior to checkout.
2010 Hidden Valley Ranch Chardonnay
• Unique Chardonnay from the valley in Paso Robles.
• Clean and tasty with floral notes and a soft vanilla finish.
• Beautifully paired with your favorite hors d’oeuvres and creamy pasta dishes.
About this wine
This distinctive Chardonnay is a joy to behold. Coming from the Hidden Valley Ranch area of Paso Robles, the vineyard enjoys warm sunny days and nights cooled by the ocean influence some 20 miles west. As a single vineyard wine, the characteristics of the grape boldly express themselves making the moments of drinking more exciting and memorable. The calcium rich silty soil imparts a wonderful earthen depth and structure. The nose offers a subtle flowery aroma that invites you to sip. As you taste, you will experience an array of melon notes, a balanced acidity, and a full mouth sensation. This Chardonnay is well rounded and offers a lingering oaky finish.
Alcohol 14.4%. 51 Cases.
2010 Dunning Chardonnay
• Carefully crafted and barrel fermented with limited oak extraction.
• Crisp with calcareous soil imparted from the rocky hillside and a soft smooth finish.
• Great as an afternoon wine with brie or with a light fish fare.
About this wine
Our Chardonnay, made with fruit from Dunning Vineyards, is a classic example of the best Paso Robles has to offer. The grapes mature in the upper elevations of the appellation, offering an extended vine time. This allows for more of the limestone-based calcareous soil to impart a distinctive, exciting mineral quality to the finished wine. The vineyard enjoys warm sunny days and nights cooled by the ocean influence some 20 miles west helping the fruit achieve a balanced acidity. As with our other single vineyard wines, the characteristics of the grape boldly express themselves making the moments of drinking memorable. As you nose and sip, you will note that the French Oak fermentation imparts complexity and structure which fills the senses and leads to a soft creamy finish.
Alcohol 14.2%. 51 cases.
2009 Pinot Noir
• Awarded Silver Medal 2012 OC Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
• A New World Pinot Noir crafted to allow the fruit to come forward.
• A robust Pinot with a full mouth feel and a silky finish.
• Enjoy with fish, poultry, and lightly sauced Italian seafood.
About this wine
Exceptional Pinot Noir grapes are found in a few, select vineyards in Paso Robles. The Southeast facing block 15 of Hastings Ranch, at an elevation of over 1500 feet, allows the grapes to mature in the warm summer days. This vineyard, shaded from the late afternoon heat, provides early evening cooling, so important to good Pinot Noir. This unique terroir offers a chance for the fruit to hang under the leaf canopy and ripen to its fullest. The hardy clone offers a rich Pinot color and full bodied flavor. This is the style of “New World” Pinot Noirs I enjoy most. It opens slowly in the glass with soft layered fruit and a rich texture. Alcohol 15.4%. 152 cases.